Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week 12 - Celebrate Living Continues


Last night after I wrote this blog, I thought I had lost it and quickly wrote another one, but when I found it today I decided to post it so please excuse some of the repetition. Special Week!  Another year here on this earth starting my 12th week of sheer joy and pain training for my first marathon!  My cold is finally coming to an end and I was able to walk two miles this morning before enjoying a surprise Celebration visit from my sister and her husband.  It felt great to start training again, although I never stopped holding onto the back of my chair to Zumba during my illness.  As I celebrate my birthday and 11 years as a cancer survivor this week, I thank God that I am feeling as though I have my life back by coming out of the closet and sharing with others who may be experiencing what I've experienced hiding in the closet during the past 11 years since the cancer diagnosis and during recovery.  I am so happy to sit here tonight and blog to share my love of making Dollhouse Miniatures, a hobby that has played a very important part of my healing and my joy. Wedding gowns are some of my favorite miniatures to design and make.  Ideas for design and creation are abundant everywhere. 
 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  Genesis 1:1 
So God created mankind in his own image,
   in the image of God he created them;
   male and female he created them.
   Genesis 1:27
My next wedding gown design will be a miniature replica of my favorite daughter's wedding gown.  WOW!  What a challenge!  Her gown was absolutely gorgeous and the wedding was the most beautiful one I've ever seen.  
 Nine months after the wedding a little male child God had created presented himself to this earth and upon his mother's breast he happily fed until grandma gently pulled him away and took him into her arms as tears rolled down her face.  My first grandson!  Thank you God!  Thank you favorite daughter and son!
Thanks again for following my blog and for keeping the encouraging e-mails coming.  Love and happiness to all of you.  Keep up the walking and Zumba and Celebrate Living.  Please let me know what your favorite hobby is.  Looks like I need to add photography as an additional hobby because I love taking pictures.

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. Genesis 9:1  

Now I Have Two Grandsons!


No comments: